AllBeerE-NewsFoodMusicTrivia

Barleywine  A descendant of ancient English strong ales, barleywine (or barley wine) is a full-bodied, high strength ale usually between 8% and 12% ABV. Barleywine owes most of its heritage to its old ale predecessors, which by the nineteenth century was hardly a distinct beer style, but was variously known as old, stock, strong, or...

Beer & Food Pairing With a growing number of craft beer delivery options and, for many of us, a bit of free time on our hands, we have the perfect opportunity to experiment with pairing beer and food. While we often consider wine and food together, beer actually offers incredible diversity in flavour, aroma, colour...

Decoy Lager 4.3%, Spearhead Brewing   Spearhead’s Decoy Lager is a light lager with full flavour. It is  subtly malty and smooth, with a crisp, clean finish. This beer marks a new charitable partnership between Spearhead and Ducks Limited Canada. 

 Livin’ La Vida Mocha 4.1%, Junction Craft Brewery  The Good Tap is a monthly rotating tap feature curated by the Society of Beer Drinking Ladies. This month, the Ladies and Junction Craft Brewery bring us Livin’ La Vida Mocha – a delightfully rich mocha coffee porter brewed in collaboration with Balzac’s Coffee Roasters, with coffee sourced from Las...

Wednesday March 18th at 8pm  The dictionary defines trivia as “pieces of information of little importance or value”. For our March trivia night, we’ll be following this definition and abandoning all themes, pulling out our juiciest useless facts. Be prepared for questions on anything from peanut butter sandwiches to Ancient Greece to 80s rock bands....

What are Phenols?  Phenols are a broad class of organic compounds that add both desirable and undesirable flavours to beer.  While phenolics are generally known for producing off-flavours, they can contribute positive flavouring compounds too.  Approximately 75% of beer phenolics come from malt, while the other 25% from hops. In barley, the husk and tissue...

Women in Music Vol. 11 – Save the Date! Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 6 PM As always, Lora Ryan is busy putting together a stellar lineup for the next Women in Music Showcase.  Tickets will be available soon, so be sure to save the date! For lineup and additional info, follow the links below:...

James King & The Midnight Hours Friday, March 6 at 9PM James King & The Midnight Hours is a retro-style classic rock trip. The group is comprised of Toronto-based artists featuring Gaby Grice on keys and vocals, Richard Lam on lead guitar, Mike Lee on drums, Daniel Williston on bass and vocals, and James King...

Legion of Saints, Field Study and Countless Numbers Saturday, March 21 at 9PM Legion of Saints is a four-piece independent alternative-rock band based out of Ottawa. Their songs feature intricate guitar hooks and catchy choruses, with a sound that embraces a mix of high and low distortion guitars, low to mid-range punchy bass and powerful drums. ...

Henderson’s Best 5.5%, Henderson Brewing Henderson’s Best is an award-winning brew with a modern take on a classic English Ale. Moderately hopped and malt-forward, this beer has a mild floral nose and caramel flavours. It is well-balanced, smooth, and easy drinking.